Our ‘Paint a Smile’ project brings a colourful and lively vacation experience of an animal family to the often dull, chilly children's rooms in hospitals by means of interactive 3D murals and offers a sick child something beautiful to look at, during hospital treatment.
This project was started in 2021, despite and partly due to Covid-19, because family vacations were not possible during the pandemic. Find here some references from parents and medical staff confirming that this project is beneficial to the child's imagination and mental well-being.
The main project of Beyond the Moon remains ‘Offer a Vacation’, to which we will yearly devote 100% of our attention. Nevertheless, ‘Paint a Smile’ will be annually evaluated and could also be implemented as secondary project, depending on the available funds and the involvement of sponsors & partners. Should you wish to sponsor this project as company, please contact us.
WE GIVE HOPE, ENERGY AND JOY: Our slogan not only applies to our ‘Offer a Vacation’ project, but also to our ‘Paint a Smile’ project. The child can use up energy and courage to fight against the disease and experience joy while interacting with the 3D mural. To a possible extent, he/she will cherish hope for recovery and can look forward to a family holiday through our vacation project.
THE ANNUAL OBJECTIVES OF THIS PROJECT
- bring an experience to the hospital room to make the stay more pleasant
- provide a therapeutic support tool to soothe pain
- relieve their day-to day discomforts, often synonymous with stress, worry and loneliness
- make them forget for a while the all too often traumatic medical world and let them dream away in a fantasy world
- express our gratitude to the healthcare sector and recognise them for their daily commitment to our target group and many others.
Do you wish to make use of this offer as hospital? Click on the orange button here below.
Note: Our "Paint a Smile" project is only applicable in Belgium, until further notice.